Organization of domestic workers in Delhi
NGO: India Institute for Critical Action: Center in Movement
India Institute for Critical Action: Center in Movement (CACIM) is aimed to support the Urban Resource Center for migrant domestic workers in New Delhi, India. The goal is to empower the domestic workers through capacity building workshops for confronting the violations by employers and placement agencies.
- The Urban Resource Center functions as an open and democratic space for domestic workers for dialogue and sharing of ideas, knowledge and experiences.
- It orients and builds the capacities of domestic workers by harnessing their skills required for enhancing their bargaining capacity.
- Imparts training to domestic workers on their rights and empowers them to confront the vulnerability emanating out of harassment or physical abuse by their employers.
- Advocates with the Central and State Governments for proper wages, safe and secure working conditions for domestic workers.
- Organizes dialogue with fraternal organizations and advocates with the Central Government for formulating National Domestic Workers Policy.
- Organizes domestic workers by launching membership campaign and issues identity cards.
- Serves as a short stay home for domestic workers.
- Facilitates legal aid and medical assistance to domestic workers during their distress period.
- Interacts with the media for breaking the biased and preconceived notions about domestic workers.